No plans after your Spanish class? Movie from a self-taught filmmaker, cool concerts, a local market in Born and much more…
Monday, 13th February
- Antic Cine: From now on, Antic Teatre turns into a cinema each Monday at 21:00. Tonight you can watch “The Salt of the Earth”. The entrance is €5 and includes a beer. Antic Teatre, c. Verdaguer i Callís 12, metro Urquinaona (L1 y L4). Get your tickets here.
Tuesday, 14th February
- Exhibition Jordi Alcaraz – Esborradís: Jordi Alcaraz (Calella, 1963) is a creator at the intersection between visual poetry and conceptual projection, whose work consists of a metaphorical approach to the object. Alcaraz experiments with fragile materials – water, glass, mirrors and books – to create bonds of tension between them, while constructing a discourse associated with volume, language and time. Until the 11th of June at Can Framis Museum, Carrer de Roc Boronat 116-126, metro Glòries (L1) and metro Llacuna (L4). From Tuesday to Saturday from 11.00 to 18.00. Sundays from 11:00 to 14:00.
Wednesday, 15th February
- Xebi Sf + Alberto Montero: Xebi Salvatella, is known as the singer and guitarist of the group Savats. After publishing three albums with his group, in 2014 he decided to go solo with “Duermevela” An album recorded in very particular circumstances, with documentaries included, as well as the recording of his second work, “Tibidabo”. The music of Xebi SF mixes the romanticism with the crudity lo-fi, resulting in a very particular style. Get your tickets here (€6 online). Tonight at 21:00 at Sidecar, Plaça Reial 7, metro Liceu (L3).
Thursday, 16th February
- Movie “Regrouping”: Self-taught filmmaker, feminist, pioneer of queer cinema and militant lesbian, in the decade between 1976 and 1986 Lizzie Borden produced a series of films of great originality and conceptual wealth, with the vibrant artistic, intellectual and political scene of New York as a backdrop and under the rhythm of new wave and post-punk music.Regrouping is the first film by Lizzie Borden. It is an experimental documentary with a style close to cinéma vérité that explores the dynamics of a group of women. It includes the participation of Joan Jonas, Barbara Kruger and Kathryn Bigelow, among others. Shot in 16 mm black-and-white format, it focuses on four young women artists who, as they announce, are twinned. An alternative portrait of the art world, of which Lizzie Borden has firsthand knowledge, and which in America in the 1970s – just as today – was dominated by male voices.
Tonight at 19:00 at MACBA, Plaça dels Àngels, 1, metro Universitat (L1 and L2). Get your ticket here (€3).
Friday, 17th February
Presentation: “Sueños de un Esqueleto”: Dreams of a skeleton, “One of us is dreaming of the other, we can not be dreaming at the same time. So you think, what do you know about me, what do I know about you. In the darkest details lies the truth. ” This is the fourth chapter of “The Skeleton”, the Fanzine that“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish”created and present in Miscellaneous today at 19:30. As always, in addition to being able to buy one of the 50 unique copies of the fanzine (if you have the first three of course you can not miss), they wait for you with some surprises and many beers. Miscelánea, c\ Guardia 10, metro Drassanes (L3).
Saturday, 18th February
- Mercado Born Gourmet: The “Mercado Born Gourmet” is a local market in the heart of Barcelona where quality producers and merchants can sell their products directly, without intermediaries. Quality sausages, artisan preserves, cheeses, fresh fish from the Barceloneta market, freshly harvested vegetables, real village bread … and much more – with the artisan behind the stand who can explain first hand the wonders of your product. In addition, we want the Mercado to be a great gastronomic festival. You can enjoy a ‘brunch from the countryside’ prepared by chefs with the best products on the market. Don’t miss it! It’s today and tomorrow from 10:00 to 22:00 ar Plaza Pla de Palau metro Barceloneta (L4). We are going to have brunch there with our students on Saturday so we might see you there 🙂
Sunday, 19th February
- We Funk! Sugar Drops Band: If you have some energy left this weekend, check out the funk jam sessions on Sundays at Marula Café Barcelona. After the jam there will be music until 05:00 with The Neighbours dj’s. Entrance: €5 (beer incl.) until 02:00 / after 02:00 10€ (drink incl.). Macula Café, Escudillers 49, Metro Liceu (L3).