No plans after your Spanish class? Your lost memories, a new brewery opening, a photography market, and much more…
Monday, 20th March
- Your Lost Memories – the movie: YourLostMemories was born when we discovered amateur 8mm movies in flea markets and second hand shops all around the world. Celulloid images of weddings, birthday parties, grad parties, holidays; lost movies full of memories… Who wants to miss their memories? Nobody wants to forget their best moments in life. Right? We think we’re talking about lost movies. Not abandoned. YourLostMemories is something like a virtual lost & found memories office. We propose you to look for all these lost 8mm movies around the world, find their original owners and give them them back. YourLostMemories needs your help.Watch this documentary tonight and maybe you recognise someone! At 19:00 at Biblioteca Joan Maragall, Sant Gervasi de Castles 85, tren El Putxet (L7). Free entrance.
Tuesday, 21th March
- Talk about electronic music: The fascinating world of electronic music: from psychedelic techno, electronic pop, post punk and Madchester, with Xavi Riembau, also known as DJ Diego Armando (art historicus and producer). We will talk about the last 30 years of this music, with special attention for the most hedonistic electronic music. Free entry, but previous registration is required. Tonight at 19:00 at Biblioteca Vapour Vell, Salón de actos de la biblioteca (4ª plants), Ptge Vapor Vell 1, metro Plaza de Sants (L1 and L5).
Wednesday, 22th March
- Kosmopolis – The Amplified Literature Fest: Kosmopolis is a feast-laboratory where Literature is the main focus of attention. Five days to celebrate a universalistic discourse, a feast to emancipate readers, to stimulate the canon’s mutation, to shake genres, to sail in languages and to revise myths, traditions and identities. A date with art and freedom inspired in an old consciousness: we are citizens of the cosmos, citizens of the universe. Check out the program here. Today until the 26th of March in CCCB, Montalegre 5, metro Universitat (L1 and L2).
Thursday, 23th March
- Nova fàbrica – Sant Andreu opening: Today is the opening of the new Garage Brewery at 17:00. Therefor they are preparing a really cool event you can’t miss: new beers, music and more. The first beer is for free. C/ Sant Adrià 66, Sant Andreu, metro Sant Andreu (L1) train Sant Andreu Comptal (R2). Get your tickets here.
Friday, 24th March
Barcelona Beer Festival (BBF): To keep the beer theme going for the weekend, today (tomorrow and Sunday) starts the craft beer festival in La Farga de L’Hospitalet, Carrer Barcelona 2, L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, metro Rambla Just Oliveras (L1). Regular tickets cost of 7€ and includes the glass, booklet and the first 2 tokens. Each token costs 1 € and the beers are of 2, 3 and occasionally 4 tokens.
Saturday, 25th March
- Utopia Markets Photo: At this market you can buy quality photography directly from the authors, who will be present on the three days of the market. In this way, the photograph will be more accessible to the public who, in addition to buying, will be able to discover and converse with the authors. You can also find products related to the world of photography, such as photo books and other photographic objects. About 60 photographers, consecrated and emerging, of all techniques and styles, as well as schools, publishing houses, shops and printers will participate. 24, 25 and 26th of March at Utopia 126, Cristóbal de Moura 126, metro Selva del Mar (L4).
Sunday, 26th March
- Barcelona Jazz Orquestra: Barcelona Jazz Orchestra celebrates the hundredth anniversary of the birth of Ella Fitzgerald, one of the greatest jazz singers in history. Come listen and enjoy a dance repertoire designed for the occasion. Tickets on sale (from €18). At 19:30 at Sala Apolo, c/ Nou de la Rambla 113, metro Paral•lel (L2 y L3).