No plans after your Spanish class? Stop motion films, TV-Series Festival, Sant Jordi and much more…
Monday, 17th April
- Stop Motion films at Antic: If you could not attend the first edition of Stop Motion Barcelona – Short Film Festival, today you will have the opportunity to see the short films from the official selection of this festival. At 18:30 and at 20:30 (90 minutes). Get your tickets here (€5). Antic Teatre, Carrer Verdaguer i Callís 12, Born (Metro Urquinaona).
Tuesday, 18th April
- Watch “Stones in Exile” at Polaroid Bar: A look at the creation and impact of the 1972 Rolling Stones album “Exile on Main St”. Watch this documentary for free at 20:00 at the Polaroid bar, Carrer Còdols 29, Metro Drassanes (L3).
Wednesday, 19th April
- Time Takes The Time Time (dance): A poetic and choreographic exhibition, a physical exercise in vision and sound that explores space as if it were a score of sound and movement. The piece emerges from a love of rhythm and musicality that generates movement, a latent, constant rhythm that marks the passage of time. Starting with the simple physical exercise of pendular movement, a kind of gearwork is created where the five bodies of the performers constantly attempt to assemble and take apart mechanisms of complexity and mutual understanding. TTTTTT provides a perceptual experience of the passing of time, an eternal present. Tonight at 19:00 at Mercat de les Flors, Carrer de Lleida 59, metro Poble Sec (L3). Get your ticket in advance (€3).
Thursday, 20th April
- Serielizados Fest: The International TV-Series Festival of Barcelona that embraces TV fiction as an art and as an important way of portraying our culture and society. Premiering international documentaries, bringing showrunners to do talks, screening specific TV-shows and also organizing comedy and music performances, the festival wants to be a gathering for all those who enjoy TV Series. Above all, Serielizados Fest wants to give showrunners the microphone. Every year they invite the creators of the shows to come as our guests and explain their vision. From today until the 22nd of April at CCCB, among other venues around the city of Barcelona. More info here. Buy tickets here.
Friday, 21th April
Pajaro Sunrise at Sala Bikini: Yuri Méndez Barrios, better known as Pájaro Sunrise (León, 1979) is a Spanish singer, musician, composer and record producer who’s style is between pop, folk and electronic music. Tonight at 20:30 at Sala Bikini is a great small venue which is hidden under a mall…look for a door when you pass Zara and de iron tunnel leads you to the entrance. It was a bit of a search for me the first time, hope you find it 😉 Get your tickets here.
Saturday, 22th April
- Fun Fan Fest: From the 21st to the 23rd of April, Fun Fan Fest will fill the first floor of the Arts Santa Mónica with a series of activities that will bring us closer to the confluence space where plastic arts, graphics, music and sound art, interact with a small selection of Independent publishers. Expect workshops, concerts and an exhibition. Arts Santa Mónica, La Rambla 7, metro Drassanes (L3).
Sunday, 23th April
- ¡Feliz Sant Jordi!: This is the day where you give a rose or a book to your loved once (tradition is that men receive a book and women a rose….but in my opinion women would rather get a book as well 😉 You will see stands with roses in the whole city but especially Passeig the Gracia transforms into a huge rose/book market. Writers are there as well to sign there books. Its a great tradition so definitely go out there! Read all about the history here.