No plans after your Spanish class? Bachcelona Festival, open air cine at the beach, concerts at the Montjuïc castle and much more…
Monday, 17th July
- Visit the Encants Market: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 8:30 until 15:00 the vendors stall out their stuff under the huge mirror roof of the Encants market. Don’t miss the biggest flea market of Barcelona! You can find everything here, antique, vintage, new. Mercat dels Encants, Avenida Meridiana 69, metro Glories (L1). During our Poble Nou tour with students we always pass this market.
Tuesday, 18th July
- Björk Digital: An immersive virtual reality environment created by the Icelandic musician with the collaboration of the finest visual artists in the world. An emotional journey through the musical and life trajectory of Björk through installations inspired by the album Vulnicura. Until the 24th of September at CCCB, Carrer de Montalegre, 5 metro Universitat (L1 and L2). Get your ticket in advance (€14.50).
Wednesday, 19th July
- Bachcelona Festival: The festival will be hosted in emblematic sites of the the city -such as Palau de la Música, Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau or Palau Güell – from today until the 25th of July. BACHCELONA Festival’s original aim is to further enrich an already existing project in Barcelona: BACH ZUM MITSINGEN. This project performs, since April 2011, the complete cycle of J.S. Bach cantatas in sharing sessions, an initiative in Barcelona and Catalunya addressed to singers with musical and choral education. Check out the full program here.
Thursday, 20th July
- Open air cinema at the beach: Until the 3rd of August the Barceloneta beach (playa San Sebastia) will turn into an open air cinema each Thursday and Sunday. The movie starts around 21:00, before the big movie there will be shown a short movie. The movie from today is “Boi Neon“, a Brazilian movie in original version with Spanish subtitles. Check the rest of the program here. Cinema Lliure, playa San Sebastia, metro Barceloneta (L4). Every year we go with our students so we might see you there 🙂
Friday, 21th July
- Fiesta mayor de Poble Sec: Until the 24th you can enjoy the Fiesta mayor in Poble Sec. We love this barrio and go there very often to eat tapas. Expect concerts, art, paella, cabaret, dance and traditional castells in the streets during this feast. Sit down in Calle Blai, have a drink and watch the locals celebrate and then of course…join them! Today in Sala Apolo in carrer de Vilà i Vilà concerts at 19:00 h – Her Little Donkey | 20:20 h – Fighter Pillow | 21:30 h – Guay | 22:30 h – Holy Bouncer | 00:00 h – DJ Turista Bang Bang (A Wamba Buluba Club). Check out the full program here.
Saturday, 22th July
- Festival’Era: You have to travel a bit further for this Alternative and Electronic music festival…but soo worth it if you are into festivals. It is in Llagostera, a 1 hour car ride or a 2 hour train ride away from Barcelona, or take the organised buses from and to Barcelona for €14 euros!! Be fast because there are limited places. Check here how to get there. You can camp there for free and take the train back home on Sunday. Perfect plan for the weekend! Get your tickets here.
Sunday, 23th July
- Concerts at the Montjuïc castle for free: The Sunday evening in July will become the perfect place to enjoy free concerts of jazz, bossa-nova and soul, together with great views over Barcelona. Tonight from 19:00 till 22:00 Diana & Joel Project is a project based on improvisation over original compositions and themes which are part of the musical universe of Joel and Diana. Devoted to the world of jazz, Brazilian music and pop, Diana Palau and Joel Moreno Codinachs formed in 2011 a duet with the aim of combining a repertoire of self-composed themes with free adaptations of Jazz, Brazilian music and pop songs. Since then they have recorded two CDs and have had the collaboration of renowned artist of his generation.
Castillo de Montjuïc, Ctra. de Montjuïc, 66 (Bus 150 from plaza España will take you up). From 21:00 pm free shuttle bus service will be provided from plaza España.