No plans after your Spanish class? Hairy expo, last open air cinema, fiesta mayor Poble Nou and much more…
Monday, 04th September
- PélAPél (free expo): Precision is an essential condition of attention and concentration; it is an attitude that I consider to be fundamental for artistic creation. Olga Muñoz uses it and goes beyond extreme technical detail. The challenge she has set herself is to capture in very close close-ups, hair by hair, the vital rhythm of pets, which, through her precise vision, she almost turns into hairy abstractions. Museu Blau, Plaça Leonardo da Vinci 4-5, Parc del Forum, metro Maresme-Forum L4 (Rambla Prim exit)
Tuesday, 05th September
- David Bowie is (expo): “David Bowie Is” explores the creative processes of David Bowie as a musical innovator and cultural icon, tracing his shifting style and sustained reinvention across five decades. The exhibition also focuses on his collaborative work with artists and designers, and demonstrates how his work has both influenced movements in art, design, music, and theater.The exhibition will take place at Museu del Disseny de Barcelona. The show, produced by the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, has already been seen by 1.5 million visitors during its world tour to cities including Berlin, Paris and Chicago. One of the most successful exhibitions in the long-standing history of the Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) finally comes to Barcelona!!
Museu del Disseny de Barcelona, Pl. de les Glòries Catalanes, 37-38, metro Glóries (L1). Get your ticket here. Opening hours Monday: 4pm – 8pm Tuesday-Thursday: 10am – 8pm Friday-Saturday: 10am – 9pm Sunday: 10am – 8pm.
Wednesday, 06th September
- Nits al Castell (Last chance): Open air cinema, beer garden, dj sessions, street food. For the first time ever, Castelldefels historic castle is opening its doors to the public for a summer of Open Air Cinema. Every Wednesday (until the 6th of September) from 18:00, the castle gardens will be home to one of Catalonia’s most picturesque Outdoor Bars, with Street Food and DJ Sessions providing the perfect midweek mix as the sun sets over Castelldefels. And once the sun goes down … the film begins. Capacity is limited, so arrive early to avoid disappointment. Castell de Castelldefels, Avenida Manuel Girona, s/n, 08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona. More useful info here.
Thursday, 07th September
- Fiesta de 80’s superhits: For the last 8 years…every 1st Thursday of the month at Luz de Gas, Muntaner 246 at 23:30.
Friday, 08th September
- Fiesta Mayor Poble Nou: Until the 17th of September you can celebrate the fiesta mayor of Poble Nou. Except concerts un small streets, correfoc, castelles and a fancy fair close to the beach. Check out the full program here. Poble Nou, metro Llacuna and Poble Nou (L4). We went last year and are going this year again for sure.
Saturday, 09th September
- Altaveu music festival: This is one of the oldest music festivals of Catalunya. Since 1989 characterises it’s structure in the Loudness Programming, with performances by leading musical personalities, the Altaveu Frontera, a competitive section of groups revealing the Catalan musical panorama and other initiatives related to music, such as the recognized Premis Altaveu. Jardins de l’Ateneu, Avinguda Marià Girona 2, Sant Boi de Llobregat. Take the FFGC from Pl. Espanya or the L70 and L72 bus from Pl. Espanya.
Sunday, 10th September
- Give’me 5! The Supermarket: A new market concept where you will find stands of gastronomy, vintage, design and fashion, art and music; And where everything, absolutely everything, costs no more then 5 euros. From 11:00 to 20:00 at Nau Bostik, carrer Ferran Turné 11 (Metro La Sagrera L1 – Salida Jardins d’Elx, L5 – Salida Garcilaso).