No plans after your Spanish class? The week of the Catalan book, music on the street in Poble Nou, All Those Foodmarket and much more…
Monday, 11th September
- La Setmana del Llibre en Català: A fair that recognises the work of the publishers who publish in Catalan and the bookshops that bring the reader closer to their publications, giving visibility to the books and magazines. From the 8th until the 17th readers, writers, bookstores and publishers meet each other. An opportunity to find news, to retrieve old editorial backgrounds and also to enjoy readings with renowned authors, actors and journalists, literary dinners, round tables, music and movie nights and family shows. In summary: a small, innovative and sustainable city, of reading, books and magazines in Catalan.l’Avinguda de la Catedral de Barcelona, metro Jaume I (L4)
Tuesday, 12th September
- Orquestra Guitarres Barcelona: A guitar orkest tonight at 20:00 at Palau de la Música, , Carrer Palau de la Música 4-6, metro Urquinaona (L1 and L4). Buy your ticketsyour tickets in advance (between €20 and €49).
Wednesday, 13th September
- Mercat de Música Viva de Vic: From today and for four days every September since 1989, the city of Vic has brought together representatives of all areas of music from around the world to see new developments, attend forums, exchange their knowledge and buy and sell music. The Vic Live Music Market is an essential reference point for anyone who wants to discover the sounds that are being heard, mainly in Catalonia, Spain and around the Mediterranean basin, but also in the rest of the world. Get your tickets here. You can get the bus (e12) to Vic from plaza Universidad, it takes you about 1,5 hours.
Thursday, 14th September
- TriaTapas: Every Thursday until the 5th of october you will get a tapa and a drink for €2,25 at selected bars and restaurants in the Sant Martí area (Clot and Poble Nou). Check out the participating bars here and plan your route. We went with a group of students!
Friday, 15th September
- Gambeat weekend: Punk rock, Rhythm and blues and Garage rock at Sala Upload Barcelona, Poble Espanyol, Av. Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia, 13 , metro Plaza España (L1 and L3).
Saturday, 16th September
- Black music night: Because of the Fiesta Mayor Poble Nou there is a stage on the street in Roc Boronat where you can enjoy live DJ’s playing hiphop, reggae, bass, club. From 20:00 to 03:00. Roc Boronat, metro Llacuna (L4).
Sunday, 17th September
- All Those Foodmarket: All Those is a market for people that are passionate about food. They showcase artisans and entrepreneurs that add value to their local communities. Great idea to buy gifts for yourself or friends. On Saturday from 11:00 to 23:00 and today from 11:00 to 20:00. Theatre Nacional de Catalunya, Plaça de les Arts 1, metro Glòries (L1).