No plans after your Spanish class? Flamenco show, Sitges Film Festival, SoundEat! Festival and much more…
Monday, 02nd October
- El jardín de Jeannette (cine): A fragmented account of the life of Jeanne as she sets out on the path of adult life and gradually experiences the harsh realities of a woman’s life in the 19th-century. You can watch this movie tonight at 21:00 at the Sala de cinema of Institut Français, Carrer de Moià 8, metro Diagonal (L3 and L5). €3 if you get your ticket in advance and €4 at the ticket office. VOSE (French spoken with Spanish subtitles).
Tuesday, 03th October
- PélAPél (free expo): Precision is an essential condition of attention and concentration; it is an attitude that I consider to be fundamental for artistic creation. Olga Muñoz uses it and goes beyond extreme technical detail. The challenge she has set herself is to capture in very close close-ups, hair by hair, the vital rhythm of pets, which, through her precise vision, she almost turns into hairy abstractions. Museu Blau, Plaça Leonardo da Vinci 4-5, Parc del Forum, metro Maresme-Forum L4 (Rambla Prim exit).
Wednesday, 04th October
- Vivir Flamenco: This show presents the contrast between two illustrious artists of flamenco, accompanied by the young talents of today. Tonight at 21:00 at Palau de la Música Catalana, Carrer Palau de la Música 4-6, metro Urquinanona (L1 and L4). Get your ticket in advance (€12 to €54).
Thursday, 05th October
- Triatapas (Last chance): Today is the last day that you will get a tapa and a drink for €2,25 at selected bars and restaurants in the Sant Martí area (Clot and Poble Nou). Check out the participating bars here and plan your route. We went with a group of students and tasted some very original tapas at La Antigua, Jou’s Restaurant, Stuzzichini and Ambigú de Poble9.
Friday, 06th October
- Sitges Film Festival: International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia is the number one fantasy film festival in the world. Sitges Festival is a stimulating universe of encounters, exhibitions, presentations and screenings of fantasy films from all over the world. From the 5th to the 15th of October they celebrate their 50th aniversary. Check the full program here.
Saturday, 07th October
- SoundEAT! Festival: This is such a nice music festival which takes place in different areas in Barcelona. This time in Plaça Leonardo Da Vinci, today from 13:00 to 22:00. Music and food, in the relaxed atmosphere. Get your ticket in advance. Passeig del Taulat, 278 metro Maresme – Fòrum (L4).
Sunday, 08th October
- Clotoberfest: Beer festival with live music and tapas in barrio Clot. Saturday from 11:00 to 24:00 and today from 11:00 to 16:00. Jardins Del Clot De La Mel, metro Bac da Roda (L2).