No plans after your Spanish class? Gipsy swing night, Experimental music Festival, On The Garage and much more…
Monday, 09th October
- BoxBarcelona: A different and inspiring space created from local collaborations (artists y sporters). Explore the artists and the work that makes this space a unique place in the city. And explore the emerging talent community that’s changing the way to play and understand sports. Join their training sessions and discover how far you can get. Tonight there is a boxing class for women on the beach. Check out all their events here. Box Barcelona, C/Atlàntida 78, metro Barceloneta (L4).
Tuesday, 10th October
- Jam session at La Sonora de Gràcia: Tonight at 21:45 at La Sonora de Gràcia, C/ De la riera de Sant Miguel 59, metro Diagonal (L3 and L5). Free entrance.
Wednesday, 11th October
- LEM Festival (experimental music): The latest in experimental music from all over the world comes to Gràcia for the LEM Festival. Tonight Nad Spiro, an acknowledged artist with a long career within the universe of experimental electronics, with works released by renowned labels. She began her career in the underground Barcelona of the late 70s. During her fertile career, she has appeared in stages in London, Madrid, Brighton and Cork. The LEM will be the occasion for her to present her new album, Sirius Signals, dark and elegant music, full of subliminal codes and, above all, driven by unpredictability. At 22:00 at Centre Cívic La Sedeta, C/ Sicília, 321, metro Sagrada Familia (L2 and L5). Check out the full program here.
Thursday, 12th October
- Sitges Film Festival: International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia is the number one fantasy film festival in the world. Sitges Festival is a stimulating universe of encounters, exhibitions, presentations and screenings of fantasy films from all over the world. Until the 15th of October they celebrate their 50th aniversary. Check the full program here.
Friday, 13th October
- Opera Im Keller (power electronics): A band of ‘Power Electronics‘ formed by Óscar Alfonso (Gyakusatsu, Person) and David Area (Catatonic State). Their music explores the boundaries between the word and the physical presence beyond the meaning. From the specific poetry to semiotics, he has been constructing an experimental work halfway between conceptual art and literature. Tonight at 20:00 at Niu, Almogavers 208, metro Llacuna (L4). Free entrance / taquilla inverse ( = at the end of the concert you leave a donation according to your satisfaction).
Saturday, 14th October
- Casa Corona (last day): The new Reamon live, a Barcelona band of pop rock and indie pop have been active since 2008. Led by the Catalan musician Ramon Rodriguez as voice and guitar and accompanied by Pep Masiques, who plays the bass; Pablo Garrido, who is the electric guitar, Salvador D’Horta on drums and Marc Prats as keyboardist. Do not miss them at Casa Corona, a temporary bar (until today) in Poble Nou. Download your entry to access. Free entry until complete seats. Casa Corona, Passatge de Masoliver 8, metro Llacuna (L4).
Sunday, 15th October
- On the garage: The second-hand market which ia on every 3rd Sunday of the month in the Mega tavern of Oveja Negra. Get there early and maybe you will find some treasures. Today they celebrate their 5th aniversary from 11:00 to 20:00, Ovella Negra Barcelona, C/ Zamora 78, metro Boatel (L4).