No plans after your Spanish class? Human rights film festival, a market to buy special gifts for Christmas, an International Fiction TV Festival and much more…
Monday, 21th November
- Festival Acròbates 2016 (music and poetry): A festival with music concerts, poetry readings and book presentations., which is held annually in the city of L’Hospitalet de Llobregat. It runs from the 4th until the 27th of November, check out the full program here.
Tuesday, 22th November
- ZOOM Festival: An International Fiction TV Festival, TV-movies and mini-serials, formats, serials, virtual reality, showcase of fiction pilots, short-films, web-serials and much more. Here the pdf version of the full program. From today until the 27th of November. The main venue is the Ateneu Igualadí, an elegant building in the centre of Igualada (carrer Sant Pau, 9). Founded in 1867 by the local workers, the Ateneu is currently the oldest cultural entity in the city. Its main aim is to develop and to promote cultural activities.The main events of the Festival, its opening and closing ceremonies, will take place in the Teatre Municipal l’Ateneu, an Italian-style venue with a 529 seat capacity. Other venues are Can Papasseït, the Mont-Àgora cinemas, and the Teatre de l’Aurora. Only screenings for the Official section require tickets. Its price is 3.00 Euro and can be purchased at the Ateneu Igualadí box office from one hour before each screening. All other events are free.From Barcelona: By train, you can take the R6 line (Llobregat-Anoia) from Plaça Espanya in Barcelona centre. Trains depart every hour. For further information, please check www.fgc.es. By coach, the route operated by Hispano Igualadina departs every half hour from Avinguda Maria Cristina. Further information on www.igualadina.com. If using private transport, the access roads are A-2 (Barcelona-Madrid), C-37 (Manresa-Igualada) and C-15 (Vilafranca del Penedès-Igualada).
Wednesday, 23th November
- Human Rights Film Festival: These last weeks there are so many film festivals in Barcelona, but they are all worth it. It gives you an opportunity to skip the mainstream movies for once and watch very interesting movies on the big screen. This festival is all about human rights and runs from the 21st of November until the 1st of December. Check out the program here. Tonight you can go to Heroínas sin capa which continues 2 documentaries, one about women who had lost husbands, parents, siblings or uncles during the coup and civil war (Las víctimas sin llanto) and one about a Indian medicine student whose a victim of a deadly gang rape in a moving bus in New Delhi, India. The case sparked public outrage and helped make women’s safety a common topic of conversation in a country where rape is often viewed as a woman’s personal shame to bear (India’s Daughter). Tonight at 18:00 at Cines Texas, Carrer Bailèn 205, metro Joanic (L4) and Verdaguer (L4 and L5).
Thursday, 24th November
- Influx Festival: This is the third edition of INFLUX festival, which promotes artists who use video and digital media as an integral aspect of artistic expression in their stage proposals. The festival includes works by visual artists, musicians, poets, dancers, performers or theatrical creators who blur the edges. INFLUX aims to become an established platform providing visibility for local creators from Barcelona and Catalonia, and to help provide a multifaceted vision of the diversity that exists in contemporary creation. From today until November 27th at the Antic Teatre, c. Verdaguer i Callís 12, metro Urquinaona (L1 y L4). Get tickets here.
Friday, 25th November
- Presentación dublab Barcelona: This two-day event (today and tomorrow) organized at Miscelenea is part of the program of dublab.es, Barcelona-based dublab.com, an online radio platform that broadcasts from Los Angeles, California. During two days you can listen to selections in the Miscelenea Bar, and attend the different live performances by local artists in the Sala Lab. Miscelenea, c\ Guardia 10, metro Drassanes (L3).
Saturday, 26th November
- We love cats market: A market where you can find things made by hand and with their own personality, things that are special and speak of the person who has made them. In short, nice things. A good way to find some special gifts for your best friends for Christmas. Today and tomorrow at Crec, calle Blesa 27, metro Paral•lel (L2 and L3).
Sunday, 27th November
- Open day at Palau de la Música: If you love to have a look inside Palau de la Música for free and you don’t mind standing in a line for (probably) at least an hour…today is the day. From 10:00 until 15:00 Palau de la Música will open its doors to the public. During this day there will be special activities, check out here. C/ Palau de la Música, 4-6, metro Urquinaona (L1 and L4).