No plans after your Spanish class? White Stripes doc, Three Wise Men Factory, New Years Party and much more…
Monday, 26th December
Tuesday, 27th December
- Watch “White Stripes: Under great white Northern Lights”: In 2007 the legendary American duo White Stripes toured Canada. Besides playing the usual venues they challenged themselves and played in buses, cafés and for Indian tribal elders. Music video director Emmett Malloy followed the band and managed to capture both the special tour, extraordinary concert versions of the band’s minimalist, raw, blues-inspired rock songs and the special relationship between the extroverted Jack White and the introspective Meg White – a formerly married couple who for a long time claimed to be siblings. The film makes striking use of the band’s concert colors: red, white and black. Watch this documentary for free at 20:00 at the Polaroid bar, Carrer Còdols 29, Metro Drassanes (L3).
Wednesday, 28th December
- Visit the factory of the Three Wise Men: Fabra i Coats will be transformed into the factory and the toy store of the Three Wise Men. The toy factory is half closed, and the kings are not there, but with lots of secrets, music and dances the remaining workers will invite the kids from Barcelona to sneak into the factory. As you cross the secret entrance, past a mountain of ancient letters, visitors will be able to see how the elves’ helpers of the Kings work to classify all the letters in the magic post office, they will discover the surprises that hide between the mountains of packs of the tiles of gifts. And watch the elves work to have everything ready for the most magical night. The Fábrica de los Reyes de Oriente is open on 28, 29 and 30 December and 2, 3 and 4 January from 18:00 to 21:00. Free entrance. Fabra i Coats, Carrer de Sant Adrià, 20, metro Sant Andreu (L1).
Thursday, 29th December
- Iceskating in L’Hospitalet: Until the 8th of January there is a big iceskating hall in L’Hospitalet. Put on your warm jacket, sing along with the Christmas songs and show your best moves on ice! Open everyday from 11:00 to 21:00. Bargelona, Calle Barcelona, 2, l’Hospitalet del Llobregat, metro Av. Carrilet and Rbla. Just Oliveras (L1).
Friday, 30th December
- It’s Not Not at Sala Be Good: This Barcelona based Indie, Rock, Experimental, Triki-Trake-Punk band present their new album “Fool The Wise” tonight at 21:00 at Sala Be Good, Sancho de Ávila 78, metro Llacuna (L4). Get your tickets here (€8).
Saturday, 31st December
- New Years Party at L’Antic Teatre: This 31st of December Barcelona will groove to the beat of electronic music. Antic Teatre´s electronica extravaganza will run from 00:30 until dawn, with electro-experimental, techno-electro, underground and funky electro sounds and unique visual sessions. As well as a dance hall with Dj set and bar, the space has a large garden terrace. Just as in previous years, Antic Teatre’s club night is selected by many as the best option to welcome the New Year in the very heart of Barcelona at a reasonable price (tickets 20€). Get your tickets in advance at Antic Teatre BAR. Antic Teatre, c. Verdaguer i Callís 12, metro Urquinaona (L1 y L4).
Sunday, 01st January
- Video mapping on Hospital Sant Pau: There will be a video mapping on the modernist building of Hospital Sant Pau. Today and the 5th and 6th of January de 18.30 to 22.30. Every 30 minutes. Hospital Sant Pau, C. Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 167, metro Sant Pau / Dos de Maig (L5).