No plans after your Spanish class? Fiesta mayor, free PrimaveraSound concerts, terrace week and much more…
Monday, 29th May
- Fiesta Mayor de la Teixonera: From 21 May to 18 June. It’s the fiesta of three “barrios”, the majority of the activities take place in Teixonera (behind Grácia). Food, dances with the orchestra and a lot of culture. More info here.
Tuesday, 30th May
- Landskating documentary: A former skating area, a forgotten garden under bridges in a working-class neighborhood are the scenes in which the film takes place, Landskating. Oscar Blasco and Sergi Carulla, architects, writers and producers of the documentary, and Kike Barberà, director and screenwriter of the documentary. Tonight for free at 19:00 at Ateneu Barcelonès, Canuda 6, metro Plaza Catalunya (L1 and L3).
Wednesday, 31th May
- Free Primavera Sound concerts: Today is the only day that you can experience the Primaverasound Festival at Parc Fórum without an expensive wristband. The first band (Anímic) starts at 17:00 and the last band (Saint Etienne) plays until 23:15. Check out all other bands playing tonight here. We might see you there because we are going with our students.
Thursday, 1st June
- Amaia was here – Japan (expo): Amaia Arrazola returns to Miscelanea, resuming the project “Amaia Was Here”. A project that served the Basque illustrator in addition to improving his technique and style and to expand his artistic universe.
“The Amaia Was Here is like my training. From time to time I like to stop doing professional projects, where you have little time to think, there is a responsibility, a client, a deadline… to do something purely fun. Fast drawing, not thinking, spontaneous and if it goes wrong, it goes wrong. Watercolor, pencil, paper… ” Until the 14th of June at Miscelánea, c\ Guardia 10, metro Drassanes (L3), Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 17:00 – 23:00, Friday, Saturday: 17:00 – 00:00.
Friday, 02nd June
Primavera al Raval: For the second time, Primavera al Raval will take over the heart of the city. A large number of concerts will take place from Friday 2nd June to Sunday 4th June in and around the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB), Montalegre 5, metro Universitat (L1 and L2). Free access.
Saturday, 03th June
- Terrace week – A Vista d’Hotel: Barcelona opens its hotel terraces between the 2nd and the 11th of June to everyone, who likes getting inspired and seeing the city from a bird’s-eye view. This week the terraces of the city change into special venues and offer concerts, live shows, exhibitions and other cultural activities for free to their visitors. Check out the program here.
Sunday, 04th June
- 1€ second hand market: Go and score cool outfits for the summer. If you are able to spot the cool stuff in a pile of rubbish, this is THE market for you. Everything for 1€! at Oveja Negra Poble Nou, Carrer de Zamora 88, metro Bogatell (L4). From 10:00 to 17:00.