No plans after your Spanish class? Fiesta de Gracia, outdoor cinema, Fiestas de Sants and much more…
Monday, 14th August
- PURE meets UTOPY w/ Beat Brothers & Møønkiza: You can sleep in tomorrow since you probably have a day off, so you can dance all night on deep house, electronic and tech house from 23:45 to 06:30 at La Terrazza, Poble Espanyol, metro Plaza España (L1 and L3). Get your tickets in advance.
Tuesday, 15th August
- Fiestas de Gracía: From today until the 21st, the streets of Gracía are decorated with spectacular ornaments, prepared by neighbours for months. They hope to win the price for the best decorated street. La Festa Gracia is very popular in whole Catalonia. It attracts citizens of Barcelona and all foreigners who come to the district to enjoy the summer terraces, live music and most of all, the beautifully decorated streets. This year La Festa Gracia celebrates her 200 years anniversary. Last year we helped the neighbours out with the decorating. It was so much fun that this year we are helping them again 🙂
Wednesday, 16th August
- Gandules’17 – outdoor cinema: Summer cinema is back at the CCCB with a programme devoted to wild and dangerous women in the world of cinema. The films are selected by feminist researcher María Castejón. Tonight you can watch “Mommy” Check the full program here. From the 8th to 24th of August, every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 22.00 at Pati de les Dones. Free entrance. In case of rain, the session will move to the Hall of CCCB. CCCB, Carrer de Montalegre 5, metro Universitat (L1 and L2).
Thursday, 17th August
- Música als Parcs: Music in the Parks includes 50 free concerts around thirty green spaces in the city until 31 August. A way of enjoying nature and music in the city. Check out the full program. Tonight at 21:00 there is a jazz concert of “Magalí Sare & Sebastià Gris Duo” in Parc Ciutadella in the kiosk next to the big fountain, metro Arc de Triomf (L1). A couple weeks ago we went with students to a concert in de park at Nou Barris.
Friday, 18th August
- Summer Nights at La Pedrera: The most magical Summer Nights in Barcelona: a unique experience to enjoy La Pedrera at night, with live jazz music on the roof, and to admire one of the most spectacular views of Barcelona. Summer Nights includes a free visit to the Espai Gaudí, a visual tour around the work of the amazing architect, followed by a glass of cava on the roof terrace, an emblematic and evocative setting that invites you to experience the architecture, the night, the city and the music. Tonight and tomorrow night there is a concert at 20:30 from “Outer Space“. Check out the full program here. Buy your tickets in advance. Casa Milà “La Pedrera”, Passeig de Gràcia 92, metro Diagonal (L3 and 5).
Saturday, 19th August
- Fiesta Mayor de Sants: When you have seen enough of the Fiesta Mayor de Gracía, you can start with Fiesta Mayor de Sants. Which begins today at 21:30 until the 27th of August. Check out the program here.
Sunday, 20th August
- Brunch Elektronic: It will turn Sundays into your new favorite week day. Start by visiting Barcelona’s coolest designers at the market, recharge your energy in food trucks and food stands and then start dancing to the best electronic music. If you prefer to safe some money, it is allowed to get in with food and drinks (in containers of 500ml or less and never glass or aluminum cans). Brunch’s line-up features internationally-acclaimed as well as locally-renowned Djs. Buy your tickets in advance! Check the line up and how to get there here. Every Sunday till September 17th.