No plans after your Spanish class? DOCfield, Independent Film Festival, Dance party to save the world and much more…
Monday, 12th November
- Antic Teatre: Check out the beautiful hidden garden of the Antic Teatre in the Born area. Have a drink, a chat with your friends and do your Spanish homework 🙂 Carrer Verdaguer i Callís 12, Born (Metro Urquinaona)
Tuesday, 13th November
- DOCfield 2018: City collective initiative that recognizes the social value of documentary photography and photojournalism. Thanks to an extensive program of exhibitions and activities, the Festival expands our knowledge about the world in which we live. DOCfield Barcelona celebrates in 2018 its 6th edition around the theme of LOVE. The effects of affection.
Guided tours, Free exhibitions, DOCfield PRO, a working day for professionals, DOCfield Dummy Award Fundació Banc Sabadell. Check out the full program here.
Wednesday, 14th November
- Barcelona Independent Film Festival. l’Alternative: This year the Barcelona Independent Film Festival, l’Alternativa, reaches its 25th edition. For 25 years we’ve been offering filmgoers and professionals a unique opportunity to discover and enjoy screenings and activities that value creative freedom, diversity, innovation, commitment and thought-provoking reflection. L’Alternativa has two competition sections in l’Alternativa Official: Feature Films and Short Films. L’Alternativa Parallel presents tributes, premieres, little-known films, work by new directors, a Panorama of Spanish filmmaking and a programme of family screenings. And l’Alternativa Hall offers a rich, varied programme of free screenings, performances and debates in the CCCB Hall. Check out the program here. The main venue is CCCB, Montalegre, 5 (Metro L1 Universitat and L3 Plaça Catalunya). From today 12 to 18 November.
Thursday, 15th November
- Stanley Kubrick (expo):The exhibition reviews the creative career of New York director Stanley Kubrick (1928-1999), from his formative years as a photographer at Look magazine, to his 12 feature films, closing with his projects that remained uncompleted or were taken on by other filmmakers. Until the 31st of March 2019, from Tuesday to Sunday 11.00 – 20.00 at Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB), Montalegre 5, metro Universitat (L1 and L2).
Friday, 16th November
- Dance party to save the world: If the fluttering of a butterfly in Beijing can trigger a storm in New York, imagine what can happen when a whole planet starts to dance Macarena, lambada, Saturday night fever or Los Pajaritos. We are waiting for revolutions, cataclysms, earthquakes. We are waiting for the chaos at every hip stroke, every shaking of the waist. And what can happen if we don’t dance? Could the world end? Maybe … But we will not allow it, because we will dance until the sun goes down, until what happens is what the people of Happy Generation expects to happen. Would you like to dance with us?
Today from 20:00 to 21:00 at Centre Civic Urgell, c/Comte Urgell 145, metro Hospital Clínic (L5). Free entry with prior reservation Starting on Monday, November 12, Book your tickets in person at the counter of the civic center or online by clicking the following link.
Saturday, 17th November
- Fiesta de San Xibeco: This fiesta Saint Xibeco was born 13 years ago. Why is it Xibeco and not another alcoholic beverage or other object? “Xibeca is cheaper alcohol,” which summarizes everything that represents this festival from a sociological point of view. A humble neighborhood, hardworking, but above all happy, wanted to have fun. With these thoughts, the celebration of a popular beer was born, which fills the streets with joy and makes everyday problems forgetful. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Check their facebookpage for the full program.
C/Baltasar Gracián 24, metro Via Júlia (L4).
Sunday, 18th November
- La Pionera: A new outdoor space that promotes cooperation between people and projects. A space of opportunities for entrepreneurs and new socio-economic innovation projects. There are different concerts every week as well. Check the program here. Every Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 to 22:00 at Passeig de Clavell, Poblenou (in the park at the end of Rambla de Poble Nou).