No plans after your Spanish class? Photo expo in the metro, Opus dance performance, Dress Your Wall and much more…
Monday, 17th December
- Umbral – 13 interventions in the metro: Umbral reflects on the phenomenon of migration as a characteristic of any contemporary or future society. It looks at its different realities through the gaze of ten artists and three group projects located in the metro. It emphasises the need to create structures for thinking about and integrating the flow of people that have to leave their homes and emigrate to other latitudes. A decision which, in some cases, is a matter of survival. We offer a place for reflection and for understanding the inequality suffered by millions of people. Umbral aims to inform the general public about a shared problem, and encourage them to assume their responsibility, whatever their origins, culture, age or gender. Until the 6th of February 2019. More info and locations here.
Tuesday, 18th December
- Hip Hop Burger Tuesdays: Every Tuesday Gringa Barcelona is serving Golden Age Hip Hop & Burgers. DJ’s together with their top basic cheeseburgers for 4 euros. The week is long and hard but we are making it very easy! You are welcome 😉
Gringa Barcelona, Carrer de lleialtat 16, metro Paral•lel (L2 and L3).
Wednesday, 19th December
- Visit the Encants Market: When you don’t have much money to spend at the end of the year but still want to give Christmas presents, this is your market! Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 8:30 until 15:00 the vendors stall out their stuff under the huge mirror roof of the Encants market. Don’t miss the biggest flea market of Barcelona! You can find everything here, antique, vintage, new. Mercat dels Encants, Avenida Meridiana 69, metro Glories (L1). During our Poble Nou tour with students we always visit this market.
Thursday, 20th December
- Human Bodies Exhibition: Human Bodies is so much more than an exhibition or an anatomy class. It’s an unforgettable experience suitable for all ages. On this fascinating journey through the human body, you’ll discover the world that lies beneath your skin. Prepare to be amazed by life as you’ve never seen it before. From human development through to the nervous system, including the creation of a new human being and digestion. Once hidden to the human eye, the secrets of the human body are now on display for all to see. The collection of real specimens includes over 150 organs and 12 human bodies, all preserved using cutting-edge plastination techniques. From the 5th of October at Centro Comercial las Arenas, Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 373 – 385, metro Espanya (L1 and L3). Open Monday to Sunday from 10.00 to 21.30.
Friday, 21th December
- Opus (Leon and Wolf Dance Company):This piece for four performers and four musicians, directed by Greek choreographer Christos Papadopoulos, is based on the study of the strict structure and complexity of classical music composition. The main rules of instrumental music are applied in a different art form: dance. The body becomes a visual version of the musical instrument and the score becomes the choreography itself. Each body in the scene draws, with movement, the rhythm or melodic lines of each instrument; sometimes it focuses on a single musical instrument and sometimes on two, directing the spectator’s attention to the wonderful architecture of classical music and its harmonic logic. The result is a performance of great sobriety and beauty, an intelligent attempt to discover our automatic physical response to musical impulses. Tonight at 20:30 at Hiroshima, C/ Vilà i Vilà, 67, metro Parel•lel (L2 y L3).
Saturday, 22th December
- Dress your wall: The first market in Barcelona dedicated exclusively to the GRAPHIC WORK of EMERGENT ARTISTS returns full of novelties to celebrate its 7th edition.
Created to disseminate emerging art, supporting the talent and creativity of illustrators and designers while ofering work at afordable prices for all audiences.
The perfect place to fnd a unique gift for this Christmas or that special piece you were looking for for the walls of your house.
As every year, DRESS YOUR WALL ofers you ORIGINAL WORK, SERIGRAPHY, RISOGRAPHY, PHOTOGRAPHY and LIMITED EDITION PRINTS. And as a novelty this year you can fnd work in textiles, ceramics and other techniques.
With a careful selection of works from more than 150 artists, we ofer you the latest in the national and international graphic scene.
MISCELANEA, C/ Guardia 10, Raval, metro Drassanes (L3)
Sunday, 23th December
- A Walk in the Cemetery of Montjuic: The Montjuïc Cemetery Route focuses chronologically between 1883 and 1936. You can join the free guided tour every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month at 11:15 in Spanish.