No plans after your Spanish class? Fira de Reis, Video mapping, Flux Video Auteur Festival and much more…
Monday, 24th December
- Fira de Reis a la Gran Via: As every year, the Gran Vía will host the Feria de Reis. This edition of the Fair will feature 273 stalls from different sectors:
· Toys: 56 stalls that will focus on the sale of toys, traditional toys and teddies, among other products typical of this Fair located between the streets Comte d’Urgell and Muntaner.
· Gifts: 168 stalls of traditional products between the streets of Calàbria and Comte d’Urgell.
· Crafts: this sector has a total of 38 Catalan craft stalls between the streets of Rocafort and Calabria.
· Chestnuts: 11 stalls, distributed throughout the fair.
On Gran Via until the 6th of January every day from 10:00 to 21:00 (5th of January from 10:00 to 15:00).
Tuesday, 25th December
- Video mapping on Hospital Sant Pau: There will be a video mapping on the modernist building of Hospital Sant Pau. On the 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30 and 31 of December and on the 1st, 5th and 6th of January from 18.00 to 22.30. Every 30 minutes. Hospital Sant Pau, C. Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 167, metro Sant Pau / Dos de Maig (L5).
Wednesday, 26th December
- 6a Expo colective El Diluvio Universal: Works by fifty artists dedicated to illustration, and if you like any of the illustrations, you can take it home for yourself or your secret santa! Until the 30th of December at El Diluvio Universal, Guilleries 2, metro Fontana (L3).
Thursday, 27th December
- Visit the factory of the Three Wise Men: Fabra i Coats will be transformed into the factory and the toy store of the Three Wise Men. The toy factory is half closed, and the kings are not there, but with lots of secrets, music and dances the remaining workers will invite the kids from Barcelona to sneak into the factory. As you cross the secret entrance, past a mountain of ancient letters, visitors will be able to see how the elves’ helpers of the Kings work to classify all the letters in the magic post office, they will discover the surprises that hide between the mountains of packs of the tiles of gifts. And watch the elves work to have everything ready for the most magical night. The Fábrica de los Reyes de Oriente is open on 27, 28, 29 and 30 December and 2, 3 and 4 January from 17:00 to 21:00. Free entrance. Fabra i Coats, Carrer de Sant Adrià, 20, metro Sant Andreu (L1).
Friday, 28th December
- Human Bodies Exhibition: Human Bodies is so much more than an exhibition or an anatomy class. It’s an unforgettable experience suitable for all ages. On this fascinating journey through the human body, you’ll discover the world that lies beneath your skin. Prepare to be amazed by life as you’ve never seen it before. From human development through to the nervous system, including the creation of a new human being and digestion. Once hidden to the human eye, the secrets of the human body are now on display for all to see. The collection of real specimens includes over 150 organs and 12 human bodies, all preserved using cutting-edge plastination techniques. From the 5th of October at Centro Comercial las Arenas, Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 373 – 385, metro Espanya (L1 and L3). Open Monday to Sunday from 10.00 to 21.30.
Saturday, 29th December
- Flux Video Auteur Festival: This festival is organised by a video club that reflects the vitality of video creation in our city. FLUX includes all kinds of sessions: screenings, video performances and debates offering direct contact between the audience and the filmmakers. Free entrance but limited acces. Everyday until the 5th of January, from 11:00 to 21:00. Arts Santa Mònica, La Rambla 7, metro Drassanes (L3).
Sunday, 30th December
- Sol Felpeto exhibits “Picasso”: Minou was a French stray cat that Picasso adopted during a period of his very “blue” life in which he was depressed and ruined. The story tells that the painter had to return the cat to the street since he could not feed him. Minou found himself once again wandering around Montmartre and had the fortune to find a sausage. Without hesitation, he returned to his old master’s house to share the meal with him. This is how Sol Felpeto decides to recreate the most famous works of Picasso by reinterpreting the characters with his cat, Minou, returning the protagonism that has never been recognised, the tender bond that united the artist and the animal. Today is the opening, confirm attendance by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sol Felpeto, Imagin Café, Calle de Pelayo 11, metro Universidad (L1 and L2).