No plans after your Spanish class? Photo expo, The Advertising boom, La Anti-churros con chocolate and much more…
Monday, 07th January
- Last week before evening Spanish classes start at our school!: Are you living, or planning to live, in Barcelona and think you still have some time and energy left after work, internship or (Erasmus) studies? Make your time worthwhile and come learn Spanish with us! We have a new part-time Spanish course starting in the week of 14 January 2019 at Linguaschools Barcelona, Pasaje Permanyer 17, metro Girona (L4) and Passeig de Gracia (L2, L3 and L4).
Tuesday, 08th January
- Stanley Kubrick (expo):The exhibition reviews the creative career of New York director Stanley Kubrick (1928-1999), from his formative years as a photographer at Look magazine, to his 12 feature films, closing with his projects that remained uncompleted or were taken on by other filmmakers. Until the 31st of March 2019, from Tuesday to Sunday 11.00 – 20.00 at Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB), Montalegre 5, metro Universitat (L1 and L2).
Wednesday, 09th January
- Estructuras de Identidad. The Walther Collection (Photo expo): Foto Colectania presents an exhibition that brings together a selection of photographic works from the famous German-American collection. The exhibition explains how photographers, through different cultures and historical periods, have used portraiture to explore the notion of gender or identity. This exhibition shows how photographers from different cultures and historical periods have used the power of portraiture to affirm or question the social stereotypes created around themes of gender, social class and nationality. Structures of Identity invites us to reflect on how portrait photography has evolved, visualizing the political and cultural factors that shape individual and collective subjectivities, with a particular focus on the relationship between self-representation and social identity.
Until 17 February at Fundación Foto Colectania, C/ Passeig Picasso, 14, metro Arc de Triomf (L1). Open to the public: From Tuesday to Saturday from 11:00 to 20:00, Sundays from 11:00 to 15:00 Mondays and Bank Holidays, closed. First Sunday of the month, free admission.
Thursday, 10th January
- Human Bodies Exhibition: Human Bodies is so much more than an exhibition or an anatomy class. It’s an unforgettable experience suitable for all ages. On this fascinating journey through the human body, you’ll discover the world that lies beneath your skin. Prepare to be amazed by life as you’ve never seen it before. From human development through to the nervous system, including the creation of a new human being and digestion. Once hidden to the human eye, the secrets of the human body are now on display for all to see. The collection of real specimens includes over 150 organs and 12 human bodies, all preserved using cutting-edge plastination techniques. From the 5th of October at Centro Comercial las Arenas, Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 373 – 385, metro Espanya (L1 and L3). Open Monday to Sunday from 10.00 to 21.30.
Friday, 11th January
- The Advertising boom. Tin cardboard and tile posters. 1890-1950: The exhibition, with over 250 pieces, focuses on products for everyday use, from food or beverage packaging to pharmaceutical and tobacco products. In order to highlight the qualities and advantages of their products, manufacturers tried to create a name for themselves and grow within the market by generating an attractive image that emphasized their name in the design. Until 31 March at Disseny Hub Barcelona, Plaça de les Glòries, metro Glòries (L1).
Saturday, 12th January
- Samuel López (acoustic): When rock and roll changed the life of Catalan Samuel López. That’s when he starts writing songs and learns on his own a little guitar and piano. He creates some fleeting bands to end up establishing himself as a singer-songwriter with the name of Sam Destral. Tonight at 20:30 at Niu, Almogavers 208, metro Llacuna (L4). Free entrance / taquilla inverse ( = at the end of the concert you leave a donation according to your satisfaction).
Sunday, 13th January
- La Anti-churros con chocolate at Apollo: Sign up for the coolest party on Sundays! In Churros con Chocolate you will have a great time with our monthly themed parties Barcelona. You will dance to the rhythm of the best discokeepers of all times, surrounded by artists who will make you enjoy the last day of the week to the fullest. Going out on Sundays is fashionable thanks to Churros con Chocolate! Tonight at 18:00 at Apolo, c/ Nou de la Rambla 113, metro Parel•lel (L3).