No plans after your Spanish class? Crossdressers, Cine Cena, Am I Bruce Lee and much more…
Monday, 21th January
- Los ojos de la Modelo: Illustrated albums of the Higher Education Degree in Illustration, The Industrial school of art. The eyes of the model is a personal look at the Model Barcelona prison, interpreted from the singularity of each author. A common starting point that has stimulated narrative ideas in real or fictional stories. There are 15 illustrated albums that in the 2017-18 course presented the students of the school as the final project of their studies. Until the 7th of February at Centre Civic Urgell, c/Comte Urgell 145, metro Hospital Clínic (L5).
Tuesday, 22th January
- Crossdressers (photo expo): A photo exhibition by Jose Navarrete, student of the Photoreporting course 2017/18. Crossdressers is a fetishist term poorly defined as transvestism, associating those who practice it, with homosexuality or transgender. Nothing further from that, crossdressing is a behaviour, practiced mainly by men, who are in a continuous transition between masculinity and femininity. Crossdressers is a photo-report that dives into a hidden world and double lives. It does not pretend to create a gender consciousness, nor make a defence of the crossdressing movement. However, it seeks to place the viewer in that moment in which the crossdressers come to light, when they pass through the nights of Barcelona and enter the premises to interact with each other. Until February 4th from monday to friday from 09:00 to 21:00 at Grisart Méndez Núñez 14, metro Urquinaona (L1 and L4) and Arc de Triomf (L1).
Wednesday, 23th January
- XXII Quizznight. 2000’s Special Edition: The Quizznight is dedicated to the decade of the 2000. A special ration of Futurama, Breaking Bad, Kill Bill, Twilight or the Kardashian. Here you can sing at the top of your lungs without anyone looking at you, and with some luck you win a PRIZE! Come to QUIZZNIGHT at the Polaroid Bar Barcelona to show that you are up to date;)
As always the beers at the price of €1.5 and Polaroid menus for €5. Tonight at 20:30 at the Polaroid bar, Carrer Còdols 29, Metro Drassanes (L3).
Thursday, 24th January
- Visit Fundació Joan Miró: Joan Miró is one of the most important artists of the twentieth century. His simple forms and primary colours forged a highly personal artistic universe. At the same time, his particular way of working, the size of his canvases, his powerful colours and expressive use of paint, and the integration of objects into his works make him a clear exponent of the modern artistic sensibility. Open today from 10:00 to 18:00. €12 for the general admission Joan Miró collection + temporary exhibition. Fundació Joan Miró, Parc de Montjuïc, metro Paral•lel (L3).
Friday, 25th January
- Cine-Cena: Tonight is Cine-Cena evening at Espai EGG, combining cinema screenings with food inspired by the film. In this edition, they will be screening CALL ME BY YOUR NAME, the film by Luca Guadagnino, is a sensual and transcendent tale of first love, based on the acclaimed novel by André Aciman.
It’s the summer of 1983, and precocious 17-year-old Elio Perlman is spending the days with his family at their 17th-century villa in Lombardy, Italy. He soon meets Oliver, a handsome doctoral student who’s working as an intern for Elio’s father. Amid the sun-drenched splendor of their surroundings, Elio and Oliver discover the heady beauty of awakening desire over the course of a summer that will alter their lives forever.
Entrance is 15€ and includes a main dish, dessert, and your first glass of wine. Artesan beer and biodynamic wine available at mates´ rates. Food by Bear on Bike. The movie will be shown in original version (English) with Spanish subtitles. Tonight at 19:30 at
Saturday, 26th January
- Am I Bruce Lee (teatre): Did you know that Bruce Lee was a cha-cha champion? This is how Junyi Sun begins to describe his first solo project, which is born from his curiosity about the phenomenon that represented this popular character in the 70s. Bruce Lee was a short man and a martial arts practitioner (not very popular in his time). How can a man so “small” through something as “small” as punches and kicks become a consumer good so widespread? For many, Bruce Lee is a full-fledged superhero. The points of union and parallelism between the artists (origin, career, personal process …) and the search of Sun (and of all of us) of ideals, objectives, desires … or superheroes, will define his work. A 40 minutes performance in Spanish and English today at 20:30 at Hiroshima, C/ Vilà i Vilà, 67, metro Parel•lel (L2 y L3). Get your ticket in advance (€8).
Sunday, 27th January
- What’s the story? Morning glory: During four winter Sunday mornings, Sala Apolo hosts a cycle of classical music where exquisite artists are scheduled to bring this exclusive dye style to the general public. It is done in an unconventional way: without prejudices or condescensions, cutting in solemnity and bringing it closer to the culture of the 21st century. This morning we will hear works written originally for trumpet by composers like Hindemith, whose music was considered degenerated by the Nazis. Through colossal pieces written between the XX and XXI centuries, the trumpeter Mireia Farrés will present us the infinite possibilities of the instrument. A sonorous immensity. Today at 11:00 at Sala Apolo, c/ Nou de la Rambla 113, metro Paral.lel (L2, L3). Get your tickets in advance (€14).