No plans after your Spanish class? Blood Brothers, Eat out of a Tupper, Palo Alto market and much more…
Monday, 28th January
- The Advertising boom. Tin cardboard and tile posters. 1890-1950: The exhibition, with over 250 pieces, focuses on products for everyday use, from food or beverage packaging to pharmaceutical and tobacco products. In order to highlight the qualities and advantages of their products, manufacturers tried to create a name for themselves and grow within the market by generating an attractive image that emphasized their name in the design. Until 31 March at Disseny Hub Barcelona, Plaça de les Glòries, metro Glòries (L1).
Tuesday, 29th January
Wednesday, 30th January
- Bachata free introduction class: “Jess Fer Dance” organise Bachata classes and offer the first lesson for free. Each Wednesday at 20:30 at Carrer de Roger de Llúria 119, metro Diagonal (L3). Contact them for more information WhatsApp 625.658.736.
Thursday, 31th January
- Estructuras de Identidad. The Walther Collection (Photo expo): Foto Colectania presents an exhibition that brings together a selection of photographic works from the famous German-American collection. The exhibition explains how photographers, through different cultures and historical periods, have used portraiture to explore the notion of gender or identity. This exhibition shows how photographers from different cultures and historical periods have used the power of portraiture to affirm or question the social stereotypes created around themes of gender, social class and nationality. Structures of Identity invites us to reflect on how portrait photography has evolved, visualizing the political and cultural factors that shape individual and collective subjectivities, with a particular focus on the relationship between self-representation and social identity.
Until 17 February at Fundación Foto Colectania, C/ Passeig Picasso, 14, metro Arc de Triomf (L1). Open to the public: From Tuesday to Saturday from 11:00 to 20:00, Sundays from 11:00 to 15:00 Mondays and Bank Holidays, closed. First Sunday of the month, free admission.
Friday, 01st February
- Eat out of a Tupper (workshop): Is there any way to make eating out of a Tupper not monotonous and boring? Is it possible to eat well every day in the office without losing every afternoon cooking? If you have ever asked yourself these questions, this workshop is for you!
We will give you some tips to organize the weekly menu and the purchase, saving time and money. In addition, in the 2 hours that the workshop lasts, we will prepare the base and many of the dishes of a weekly menu complete with common and seasonal foods.
The workshop includes a dossier with all the information and tasting of the meals we prepare.
Improve your diet and enjoy the food even if you’re working! Today at 18:30 at Dins interioristes & El ALMAzen de DINS,
Info and reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Saturday, 02nd February
- U2, Depeche Mode and The Cure tribute: Respecting the original format of the bands, Green Covers faithfully interprets their main hits, giving shape to a more than attractive show that generates admiration and recognition wherever it goes. With more than 100 concerts behind him, reaping success in some of the main venues in the country, Green Covers has become a benchmark among tribute bands. Tonight at 21:00 at La Nau, C/Àlaba 30, metro Llacuna (L4). Get your tickets in advance (€15).
Sunday, 03th January
- Palo Alto market: In the this edition of 2 and 3 February Palo Alto offers healthy leisure, responsible trade and culture for new families who enjoy life with freedom. New families who love tolerance and difference. This is the public that comes to our market every month to find an alternative offer away from the boring routines and mainstream proposals. Who’s in? 😎🌿🌸 Saturday and today from 11:00 tot 21:00, entrance €3 (Entrance fee at the box office €4). Carrer dels Pellaires, 30, metro Selva del Mar (L4).