No plans after your Spanish class? Painting today, Vintage car rally, The Calçot Festival and much more…
Monday, 11th March
- Visit the Encants Market: When you don’t have much money to spend but you still need some new decoration for your piso, this is your market! Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 8:30 until 15:00 the vendors stall out their stuff under the huge mirror roof of the Encants market. Don’t miss the biggest flea market of Barcelona! You can find everything here, antique, vintage, new. Mercat dels Encants, Avenida Meridiana 69, metro Glories (L1). During our Poble Nou tour with students we always visit this market.
Tuesday, 12th March
- High on Life (expo Akvile Magicdust): Her paintings and works of textile-art breathe joy, positivity and humor. Representing dreamlike landscapes, she creates flags and paintings that represent a very special and precious world in which to live. In the same way that distant particles interact with each other even at long distances, we also affect each other at a distance. No matter if you’re on the beach in San Francisco or in a small shed in the woods of Lithuania, all our fears and joys are similar, coffee has a similar flavor every day and everything is interconnected in a single node on the Internet. Through the drawings, she looks for the essence of truth, simplicity, joy and debauchery. Looking to understand human relationships and our daily struggles, while promoting the game and positivity through their creations. Until March 31 at MISCELANEA, C/ Guardia 10, Raval, metro Drassanes (L3).
Wednesday, 13th March
- Painting today: For the occasion of the celebration of the ‘International Women’s Day’, MEAM presents more than 70 works that women painters have made and are doing in the field of contemporary figurative art at an international level. Around the exhibition, the MEAM will program various parallel activities such as concerts, workshops and conferences. Until May 5th at MEAM, Calle Barra de Ferro 5, metro Jaume I (L4).
Thursday, 14th March
- Pësh + Sigmund Wilder (rock, folk, new wave, 80s): Pësh presents “Too Many Universes But Mine”, the second album of the band captained by Santi Carcasona. The album was composed by Santi Carcasona, between Barcelona, Edinburgh and Helsinki, and was produced by Sergi Riera. Sigmund Wilder vindicate the sound of the British new wave of the 80s. Tonight at 20:00 at La Nau, C/Àlaba 30, metro Bogatell (L4).
Friday, 15th March
- La Nuit, Nos Autres (dance): Paris based, Aina Alegre, is a Catalan choreographer and artist. Hiroshima is co-producing La nuit, nos autres with French partners such as L’Atelier de Paris and Les Ballets de Loraine. La nuit, nos autres continues with the original question from the previous piece: What are the mechanisms we use to celebrate ourselves? In this new adventure the choreographer will focus on self-celebration, approaching the notion of identity and self empowerment. Mask and cabaret techniques are used in this choreographic polymorphism. Tonight at 20:30 at Hiroshima, C/ Vilà i Vilà, 67, metro Parel•lel (L2 y L3).
Saturday, 16th March
- Vintage Car Rally: The Barcelona to Sitges Vintage Car Rally returns for its 60th edition from today until March 18. This rally is an unmissable event amongst fans of vintage cars and automobiles around the world. The rally covers almost 40 km with a route along the beautiful Garraf coastline from Barcelona to the Sitges promenade, where they will remain on display for the day. Starts from Plaza Sant Juame, metro Jaume I (L4) So you could have a look at plaza Jaume in the morning or at Sitges promanade in the afternoon. More info here.
Sunday, 17th March
- The Calçot Festival – Open air project: Good wood, trade show, vermouth, tapas, On the garage market, handicrafts, soul music and the best food from 13:00 in the middle of the Clot park. You can get your tickets for the calçotada in Autòctons (Calle Rogent, 24, tel: 931 92 49 11, Mon-Fri from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 17:00 to 20:30 and Saturdays from 10:00 to 14:00 Payment in cash or card. Calçot menu: 10 Calçots + salsa + bread + fruit: € 8, The meat menu: sausage and hummus € 5, Infantile menu: Macaroni + fruit: € 4. Today from 10:00 to 19:00 in Parc Clot (metro Clot L1 and L2).