No plans after your Spanish class? Sant Jordi, Film Festival, Fería de Abril and much more…
Monday, 22th April
- Flower and Garden Show: Poble Espanyol is hosting the 4th edition of De Flor en Flor, the Barcelona Flower and Garden Show… with activities aimed at a more sustainable world! From 19th to 22nd April you can enjoy floral decorations, workshops, and talks as well as new ideas which focus on being environmentally-friendly. The programme is topped off with live music and a long list of activities for all tastes, which, as always, have their roots in the world of flowers and plants. You can take part in bonsai, kokedama, and bulb workshops, a film session, a talk on orchids, as well as bonsai, orchid, and rose displays, and a family treasure hunt. Get into the spring mood with all its wonderful colours and smells, and don’t miss this unique event for a great Easter Week in Barcelona. Taking a stroll around the squares and streets of Poble Espanyol over these days will be a treat for all five senses! Buy your tickets online and save time and money! Poble Espanyol, Av. Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia, 13 , metro Plaza España (L1 and L3)
Tuesday, 23th April
- ¡Feliz Sant Jordi!: This is the day where you give a rose or a book to your loved ones (tradition is that men receive a book and women a rose). You will see stands with roses in the whole city but especially Passeig the Gracia transforms into a huge rose/book market. Writers are there as well to sign their books. Its a great tradition so definitely go out there! Read all about the history here.
Wednesday, 24th April
- ¡Miercoloko!: Imagine yourself in Mexico at Tacos Tacos. Bring your family and friends and enjoy some good tacos and drinks in a very Mexican atmosphere! Only on Wednesdays, Tacos 1,50€, Caña 1€, Tequila 1€, Margaritas 3€, you wish it was Wednesday every day. Visit us at our 2 restaurants, Tapioles, Carrer de Tapioles 9, metro Parellel (L2 and L3) and Tamarit, Carrer de Tamarit 85, metro Poble Sec (L3).
Thursday, 25th April
- D’A Film Festival de Barcelona: The D’A – Festival Internacional de Cinema d’Autor de Barcelona screens an international panorama of the finest contemporary auteur cinema, combining the discovery of emerging new talents and cinematographies with internationally established directors and films that have traditionally received rough treatment from our country’s commercial distributors. The festival takes place from the 25th of April until the 5th of May. Check out the program here. In cinemas all over town. Get your ticket (€7,50) in advance.
Friday, 26th April
- Cinema Club Contest: Be a part of the deciding jury, or submit your own film for the competition. The Collective and In The Mirror Films are working together to create a short film contest where every month different directors will compete to win the session. The winner of each session will be elected by the audience! For every session, you receive feedback from an industry professional to help develop your art. The wining shorts will go directly to the grand final that will happen the first week of June and the BIG PRIZE is the production of your next Short Film.! A jury composed by teachers from The Collective school and a special guest from the movie industry will elect the winner of the big prize on the day of the Final. Each event will be followed by a DJ set. Tonight from 19:30 until 23:00 at The Collective, Carrer d’ en Roig 11, metro Liceu (L3).
Saturday, 27th April
- Feria de abril: Inspired by it´s Andalusian origin and traditions this is the second biggest Feria in Spain, after Seville’s, of course! There will be plenty of fun, watch the beautifully dressed lady’s dance flamenco and try is yourself. There are bbq´s everywhere so you wont starve and a fancy fair with music so loud it will destroy your ears! Fòrum Parc, metro Besos Màr (L4), free entrance. The opening hours vary per day, check out here. Until Sunday the 4th of May. We go there every year with our students!!
Sunday, 28th April
- Brunch in the city #4: It will turn Sundays into your new favorite week day. Brunch’s line-up features internationally-acclaimed as well as locally-renowned Djs. Hungry? You’ve got nothing to worry about. We have thought of everything, and we have lined up a great variety of gastronomic delicacies so feel free to surprise yourself! From the most carnivorous food to veggie dishes. Do not miss anything! Buy your tickets in advance! From 12:00 to 20:45 at Antiga Fàbrica Estrella Damm, Carrer del Rosselló 515, metro Sant Pau | Dos de Maig (L5).