No plans after your Spanish class? World Press Photo, Vegan festival, Poble Nou Open Day and much more…
Monday, 29th April
- World Press Photo ’19: World Press Photo 2019 once again turns Barcelona into one of the foremost cities in the world where the winning photographs of the prestigious photojournalism contest are shown, and the few cities that exhibit the winning productions of the Digital Storytelling Contest. Check it out. Until the 26th of May in CCCB, Montalegre 5, metro Universitat (L1 y L2).
Tuesday, 30th April
- Vegan Food is Not Boring: The biggest vegan dining experience this spring. An urban event to try different vegan dishes with music and a market with innovative products to browse and taste. With two surprise shows and and vegan products of the latest trend. More info here. Today from 20:00 to 23:00 at Nau Bostik, carrer Ferran Turné 11 (Metro La Sagrera L1 – Salida Jardins d’Elx, L5 – Salida Garcilaso)
Wednesday, 01st May
- Open Mic Night at Generator Hostel: Generator Hostel boasts a great space and a cool bar providing an ideal atmosphere for live music that is sure to be an instant hit! This is your perfect chance to try out new material and enjoy the company of the audience. We are a no pressure event and want you to enjoy the night.
Expect to see some of the best amateur and professional talent Barcelona has to offer, smashing out original and much-loved covers the only way Pumpage knows how! Every performer gets a free drink for getting on stage… This is your chance to meet the city’s music scene, network with other musicians and perhaps be found by a music company scout! Tonight 21:00 to 24:30 at the Generator Hostel, C/ de Corsega 373, metro Verdauger (L4).
Thursday, 02nd May
- La Ruta de Pincho: Los pinchos, a tradition that comes from the North, has reached the Mediterranean, and on this route you will be visiting the best restaurants in calle Blai. Each restaurant is unique and has its own personality and charm. On Thursdays they offer a small drink and a pincho for €2. We go there a lot with our students so we might see you there! Calle Blai, metro Poble Sec (L3).
Friday, 03th May
- Checkpoint Beachhouse opening: Summer is coming! This year we are looking to get closer to the sea! Join us in our first journey at this renovated beach club next to playa de Barceloneta. Music and art installations by checkpoint Tonight from 23:00 to 06:00 at Beach House Barcelona, Passeig de Joan de Borbó 74, metro Barceloneta (L4).
Saturday, 04th May
- Poble Nou Open Day: An event in which art and innovation will be the main objective, and where the creative community of Poblenou will open its doors from 12:00 to 22:00 to offer a wide variety of cultural proposals. Art galleries, creative centers, artists studios, audiovisual producers, gastronomic venues, shops and hotels offer a program with free activities and special promotions organized just for this occasion.In addition to all these activities, Poble Nou Urban District organises the Windows Art Circuit (WAC), to give visibility to a selection of artists from different disciplines: muralists, painters, photographers, illustrators, sculptors and multimedia artists who will exhibit their works on windows all around Poble Nou, metro Llacuna and Poble Nou (L4), when you get out just grab a program from the nearest bar or shop and you are set for the day. Enjoy!
Sunday, 05th May
- Todo a 1€: A market concept where you will find stands of gastronomy, vintage, design and fashion, art and music; And where everything, absolutely everything, costs no more then 1 euro. From 10:00 to 19:00 at Oveja Negra, C/ Zamora 78, metro Boatel (L4).