No plans after your Spanish class? Spring Festival, Brot Young Music Festival, Vintage Market and much more…
Monday, 06th May
- Pattern-making workshop inspired by Yayoi Kusama: We look at the distinctive style of Yayoi Kusama by exploring the usage of repetition of forms and bold colors in her artworks, while getting our paper, pencils and scissors out to make our own pattern. ‘Yayoi Kusama is the biggest-selling female artist in the world. And in her bright-red wig and quirky polka-dot ensembles, she is also one of the most instantly recognisable. At almost 90 years old she is still astonishingly prolific. ‘(BBC) In this workshop series we look into and get inspired by artworks made by female artists. The aim is not only to draw focus on and learn about women in art but also explore concepts, techniques and methods that these artists work with. At each workshop we focus on one artist and get our brains and hands working. All workshops are open to all gender and age groups and to anyone who is interested in learning more about female artists with a creative approach, regardless of their gender and age. No additional skills required. Bring your own scissors, otherwise materials included:) (€15). Get your ticket via Eventbrite
Tuesday, 07th May
- World Press Photo ’19: World Press Photo 2019 once again turns Barcelona into one of the foremost cities in the world where the winning photographs of the prestigious photojournalism contest are shown, and the few cities that exhibit the winning productions of the Digital Storytelling Contest. Check it out.Until the 26th of May in CCCB, Montalegre 5, metro Universitat (L1 y L2).
Wednesday, 08th May
- The Skatalites: The Skatalites are a ska band from Jamaica. They played initially between 1963 and 1965, and recorded many of their best known songs in the period, including “Guns of Navarone.” They also played on records by Prince Buster and backed many other Jamaican artists who recorded during that period. They reformed in 1983 and have played together ever since. Tonight you can see them live at 21:00 at Sala Apolo, c/ Nou de la Rambla 113, metro Paral.lel (L2, L3). Get your tickets in advance (€17,76).
Thursday, 09th May
- Festes de Primavera de l’Esquerra de l’Eixample: A 4 day festival to celebrate spring, expect activities, concerts, film festivals and much more! Check the full program here. Until the May 12 at Eixample Izquierdo.
Friday, 10th May
- Brot – Young Music Festival: Brot is a contest for young bands that aims to give opportunities to the emerging talents of our city, supporting the new bands and offering them a stage. From the April 26 to May 25 there are concerts every weekend. Check out the program here. Tonight the concerts (from 21:00) will be in Centre Cultural Albareda, C. Albareda 22-24, metro Paral.lel (L2 and L3)
Saturday, 11th May
- Vermutet & Wardrobe Restart X: An event to exchange your pre-loved garments for those of somebody else, a great reason to clean and then repopulate your wardrobe. Bring at least one thing, take away as many as you want! More info on how we do it here. Pica-pica will be provided, and Ateneu Roig vermut is waiting for you. Come and bring your friends with you! From 11:00 to 15:00 at Ateneu Roig, Carrer Torrent d’en Vidalet 34, metro Joanic (L4).
Sunday, 12th May
- Barcelona Vintage Market at Nou Bostik: Vintage and second hand market, street food, concerts, kids activities, DJ’s and art. Free entree. From 11:00 to 21:00 at Nau Bostik, carrer Ferran Turné 11 (Metro La Sagrera L1 – Salida Jardins d’Elx, L5 – Salida Garcilaso).