No plans after your Spanish class? Surf Festival, FriendsFest, Hola Thailandia and much more…
Monday, 20th May
- Mirem El Passat //Let’s look at the past (photo expo): Mirem El Passat is a collection of old photographs from the first 30 years of the 20th century. They are images that tell us about the life and customs of that time, of places and ways of doing, that today we can recognise with curiosity and surprise. Instant black and white pictures that, a century later, have returned to the present day thanks to the success of social networks. #MiremElPassat. You can see these pictures at Diputació de Barcelona, Rambla de Catalunya 126, metro Diagonal (L3 and L5). Open from 10:00 to 20:00.
Tuesday, 21th May
- Poetry Hip Hop: Cellar Door BCN is a monthly English speaking event showcasing the best spoken word artists in Barcelona. With the diversity of voices represented, Cellar Door BCN aims to broaden the audience for poetry and reach out to those that books and traditional readings have left out. Join us at the exclusive club El Bis of Casa Gracia for a wonderful evening of spoken word and hip-hop! Tonight at 21:00 at El Bis of Casa Gracia, Passeig de Gracie 116, metro Diagonal (L3 and L5).
Wednesday, 22th May
- Proyecto Tetas // Project Tits (photo expo): There are 3,650 million women in the world. The visibility of our breasts is still quite scarce. How many references do we have about how women’s breasts are How much are these examples similar to each other? Have we ever seen the figure of the boobs with hair? And those who have passed a mastectomy? And all those that are not within the established beauty canons? Trying to break with the canons and show types of bodies, in this case, through the breasts, the photos are intended to put the cards on the table and expose the diversity and complexity of breasts that there are, through the bodies of 60 women who have participated in the project. You can visit this exposition until the 25th of May at Mutuo, Méndez Núñez 7, metro Arc de Triomf (L1).
Thursday, 23th May
- Barcelona Surf Festival: For 3 days we will celebrate all that SURF means in capitals. A Festival to celebrate what’s great about surfing, bear to celebrate that we love the sea and music to enjoy. music & party, talks & films, market & expos, food & good vibes. Today, tomorrow and Saturday. The 3-day tickets are sold out but you can still get your day ticket here (€10). On the beach in front of Club Natació Barcelona, Passeig de Joan de Borbó 93, Metro Barceloneta (L4).
Friday, 24th May
- FriendsFest: Are you a total fan of the legendary Friends series? Well, take note! From today until June 2nd you will have the opportunity to live within the unforgettable comedy series at Poble Espanyol. After the success of the first event, FriendsFest is coming to Poble Espanyol with lots of new additions: along with a replica of Monica’s apartment, the famous sofa from the show’s introduction, Joey and Chandler’s football or the Wedding Chapel of Las Vegas, you can also enjoy and visit the iconic Central Perk for the first time and be at Monica and Rachel’s graduation party! Come and live a unique experience and celebrate the 25th anniversary of the series release. From Monday to Thursday from 12:30 to 21:15 and Friday to Sunday from 10:00 to 22:15. Get your tickets in advance (€18,90). Poble Espanyol, Av. Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia, 13 , metro Plaza España (L1 and L3)
Saturday, 25th May
- Fabrica Lehman open doors: Twenty creative spaces will show the interior of its premises, as well as a book market, samples of artisanal products, and activities and workshops for children and adults. There will also be music, art exhibitions and street food. Check out the details here.Fàbrica Lehmann, Consell de Cent 159, metro Urgell (L1).
Sunday, 26th May
- Hola Tailandia 2019: Festival of Thai Culture and Gastronomy: Hola Thailand 2019″ is celebrated todayat the Arc de Triomf. There will be Thai street food, shows with traditional dances, a Muay Thai show, activities for kids and the draw of a plane ticket for 2 people to travel to Thailand (sponsored by Qatar airways)! From 11:30 – 18:00 at Arc de Triomf, metro Arc de Triomf (L1).