No plans after your Spanish class? Tombolo, Fiesta LGTBI at Gaixample, San Juan and much more…
Monday, 17th June
- Elvis Presley Tribute at Casa Batlló: Visit the iconic building designed by Gaudí and enjoy carefully selected musical performances. On the Casa Batlló roof terrace, under the sky of Barcelona. Tonight at 20:00 A tribute to Elvis Presley and to the original rock & roll. Al Sánchez is a Barcelona-born artist who fell in love with the songs of Elvis at just 10 and who has been performing on national and international stages along with his band for many years. Casa Barlló, Passeig de Gràcia 43, metro Passeig de Gràcia (L4). Get your tickets in advance.
Tuesday, 18th June
- Barcelona design week: BDW is an event on design, creativity and innovation in Barcelona and one of the most important Design Weeks of the international calendar (Best architecture, design and technology events for 2019 per Dezeen). You have time until the 20th to enjoy Awards, Conferences, Exhibitions + Installations, Films, Market, Open doors, Opening Parties, Presentations and Workshops. Check out the full program here.
Wednesday, 19th June
- La ciutat dels passatges (photo expo): The Photographic Archive of Barcelona presents a selection of the photographs awarded to the drawings and photographs competition that the City Council convened at the end of January of 1908 with the aim of documenting all the streets, squares and different spaces that had to disappear with the opening of the Via Laietana. The photographs constitute the only record of that territory that has disappeared. This fact makes them one of the most important collections of the photographic heritage of the city of Barcelona. From today until the 31st of October at Arxiu Fotogràfic de Barcelona, Plaça Pons i Clerch, 2, planta 2a, metro Arc de Triomf (L1). Free entrance.
Thursday, 20th June
- Festival Pedralbes: This summer the Festival Jardins de Pedralbes is full with great concerts until the 15th of July. It is absolutely worth it to go at least to one of the concerts, because of the beautiful garden, a wide space, in the open air, in touch with nature and with a historic appeal all concerts feel extra special. Make sure you have some drinks before you get into the festival because they are very pricey at the festival itself and you can’t bring your drinks to the concert itself.
Make sure you will get your tickets in advance. Jardins de Pedralbes,metro Palau Reial (L3).
Friday, 21th June
- Tombolo! 落日飛車 Sunset Rollercoaster (concert): An innovative synth popband called 落日 飛車 Sunset Rollercoaster. During their tour of Europe in 2019, they arrive in Barcelona for the first time in the hands of Tombolo to present the album they released in 2018 “Cassa Nova”. The Taiwanese band formed by 6 members has burst it after the self-editing of their debut album ‘Bossa Nova’ in 2011 which led them to make an extensive tour that ended with a performance at the Summer Sonic Festival in Japan, where they were nicknamed as “Asian city pop icons”. Tonight at 21:00 at La Nou, C/Àlaba 30, metro Bogatell (L4). Get your tickets in advance.
Saturday, 22th June
- Fiesta LGTBI at Gaixample: Market, crafts, food, kids activities and the expected LGBTI Festival! From 15:00: MasterClass Dance, Salsa, Pole Sport, Personal Defense and Chi Kung groups. And from 18:00 live music and DJ´s. Organised by Pride Barcelona, Diputació 163, metro Urgell (L1).
Sunday, 23th June
- Celebrate San Juan: The Sant Joan festival is often called “night of fire”, a special event in some parts of Spain (especially Barcelona) that celebrates the midsummer eve during the evening of 23rd of June every year. This night is one of the biggest, noisiest and craziest parties in Barcelona and is celebrated by the Catalans with fire, fireworks, Cava and cakes. There are some public fireworks at Placa de Sant Jaume around 19.30 but most of the people from Barcelona celebrate the Nit de Sant Joan on one of the Barcelona beaches.If you prefer being more quiet in order to experience the fireworks in a different way and with a fantastic view over the whole city of Barcelona, then we advise you to go to Guinardó or the Carrertera de les Aigües. There you have a marvelous view over all Barcelona and it feels like new years eve.So enjoy this special night, have fun and happy Sant Joan!