Monday, 1st February
- Cine Verdi: Cines Verdi is a 5 screen cinema in uptown Barcelona in the Gracia area. The films on show are a mixture of new releases and art house and are released in their original version with subtitles. Normal tickets cost € 7.50 but every Monday they offer them for only € 4.50. You can buy the tickets online or at the venue. Here you find the program for this week. (venue: Cine Verdi, Calle Verdi 32).
Tuesday, 2nd February
- BCNEGRA 16: This is a literary event dedicated to crime and thriller novels that takes place in Barcelona during the last week of January and first week of February. Paco Camarasa is the event organiser and owner of the book shop “Negra y Criminal”. BCNegra has been running now for 11 years and has provided plenty of inspiration to all lovers of this gender. Here you find the programme. (venue: various venues in the city).
Wednesday, 3rd February
- Copa del Rey: FC Barcelona vc Valencia. This 1st leg of the semi finals is played in Camp Nou stadium. The match starts at 9:00pm.
Thursday, 4th February
- Carnival: The Carnival in Barcelona lasts a week and it’s full of events apt for everybody regardless of the age. On Fat Thursday the local markets celebrate the beginning of the carnival with many food events and competitions. Carnival is traditionally the last fun event before Lent, therefore people are encouraged to stuff themselves with delicious sweets and rich dishes.In Barcelona the Carnival King “Carnestoltes” will make his appearance on Fat Thursday. He will carry on his shoulders all sins committed during the year and on the last day of Carnival he will be condemned to burn. There will be several funeral parades and events everywhere to celebrate this occasion. This year, however, the king will be sustituted by Queen Belluga. (venue: various venues in Barcelona, free entry, Thursday 4th February 2016 to Wednesday 10th February 2016).
Friday, 5th February
- Orquestra del Montsalvat: The Orquestra del Montsalvat together with the violin musician Sergey Malov will play classical music by Beethoven and Mendelssohn. (venue: Palau de la Música Catalana, Petit Palau, time: 8:30pm, duration: approx. 90 minutes, price: 30€).
- GUINNES Laughter Lounge Comedy Barcelona: Stand-up comedian Phil Kay from Scotland is coming to Barcelona to entertain the crowd! He has been participating to the Fringe and UK comedy festival circuits for a while now. Philcaptivates the imagination of his fans with his remarkable freestyle routine and has won the British Comedy Award for best stand-up and a Perrier nomination. You will have Guinness on tap and a jam session after the show. Better to book your tickets in advance through the Guinnes Laughter Lounge website. (venue: Shamrock bar, Calle Tallers, 72, time: 8:30pm-11:30pm, price: 10/12€).
- Ping Pong Friday: If Friday nights are getting a little bit routine, what better way to shake things up than with a game of ping pong!? Hailing from New York, this trend offers an alternative to hitting the dance floor, and Luz de Gas have brought the craze to Barcelona with #PingPongFriday. Grab a drink and a ping pong bat, and from midnight until 2am play against a friend, or against the mysterious Mister X—if you beat him, you’ll win a bottle of GHMUMM champagne. (venue: Luz de Gas, Muntaner 246)
Saturday, 6th February
- Wine courses Level 1 in Barcelona: Make sure you’ve got something to look forward to after Christmas and start your New Years’ Resolutions with a wine course in the center of Barcelona. The Wine and Spirits Education Trust is the only internationally-recognised wine qualification body and Wine Courses Barcelona is running Level 1 on Level 2 as well as evening courses in 2016. On Saturday the 30th of January the Level 1 course starts. It is a full day course from 9.30am – 6pm and costs €180+IVA. Course sign-up closes 27th January. It is a perfect occasion for beginners and wine-lovers to improve the wine knowledge and tasting skills in 2016. Linguabarcelona students get a 10 % discount on the course price. More infos here. (venue: Wine Courses BCN, Carrer del Bruc 136)
- Arts & Crafts market: different types of hand-made design products can be found here. Check it out! (venue: Centro de arte Mutuo, calle Julia Portrt, 5, hours: 12:00pm – 9.00pm, free entry).
Sunday, 7th February
- Lindy al Parc – Swing in the parc: Lindy al Parc is the oldest social activity put on by the association BCNSWING, with the first session dating back to 1998. They meet every first and third Sunday of the month. Everyone is welcome, so just turn up and dance! (venue: Parc de la Ciutadella, Passeig de Picasso, 12am – 2.30pm).